Homemade Pineapple Ice Cream
If you love the fresh creamy taste of homemade ice cream, you will love this pineapple ice cream recipe! We use a Cuisinart ice cream maker to make various ice cream flavors and this pineapple one came out really yummy so we’re super excited to share it with you.
- 1-1/2 cup chopped fresh pineapple
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1-3/4 cup heavy cream or heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- In a medium sauce bowl, cook the pineapple with around half of the sugar on medium heat for 20-30 minutes until the pineapple is very soft.
- Cool the pineapple then puree it in a food processor.
- In a mixing bowl, add the milk, heavy cream, and the rest of the sugar and mix well. Be sure that all the sugar is dissolved completely. (Note: You may need to experiment with the amount of sugar you add. Our pineapple was on the sweet side so we did not add as much sugar as we would have if the pineapple was not so sweet.)
- Mix in the pineapple puree.
- Cover and chill the mixture in the fridge for at least 2 hours. Chilling it overnight is even better.
- Pour the chilled cream mixture into your ice cream machine canister (in our case, a Cuisinart) and follow your machine instructions and start making it.
Depending on your ice cream machine, it should take 15-20 minutes for the ice cream to be ready. And when it is, YAY! Ice cream time!
This ice cream (and the machine) is great for parties or small get-togethers. It’s also a fun family project for the kids. And as much as we LOVE ice cream, we don’t now what’s more fun, eating it or making it. It’s fun, easy, and super yummy!